safer opioid distribution as public health intervention safer opioid distribution as public health intervention
Click HERE for more resources
- Canada experiences excessive opioid mortality, mainly from toxic opioid exposure.
- Many interventions have been implemented, but are limited in reach and impact.
- ‘Safer opioid distribution’ (SOD) is a crucial preventive measure for overdose.
- SOD needs to be implemented for a large, ‘at-risk’ opioid user population.
- Other community-based public health interventions may guide SOD organization.