Press enter to begin your search
Page template : page.php
Search terms :
Page : 0
2019 Selected News Highlights
- Toronto Star, June 29, New Trudeau-Trump opioid plan helps rebuild frayed relations from trade talks
- Kamloops Matters, June 29, New Trudeau-Trump opioid plan helps rebuild frayed relations from trade talks
- Global News, June 29, Canada-U.S. opioid plan helps rebuild relations frayed from trade talks
- Vancouver Sun, June 29, New Trudeau-Trump opioid plan helps rebuild frayed relations from trade talks
- Globe and Mail, June 29, New Canada-U.S. opioid plan to help rebuild frayed relations from trade talks
- Huffington Post, June 29, Trudeau And Trump Are Working Together To Tackle The Opioid Crisis In North America
- VICE, June 26, Canadians Can Now Order Shrooms From This Dispensary
- Vancouver Sun, June 22, Advocate for evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction honoured with lifetime achievement award
- London Free Press, June 21, London doctor prescribing opioids to drug users draws praise, raises concerns
- Georgia Straight (Op-ed), June 21, We can stop the overdose epidemic—why aren’t we?
- Globe and Mail, June 12, Parliamentary health committee recommends decriminalization of simple possession of illicit substances
- QP Briefing, May 30, As Ontario hops on BC’s opioid lawsuit, experts say more needs to be done to fight the crisis
- CKNW (Lynda Steele Show), May 27, Growing calls to overhaul the drug policy in Canada. Should we legalize all drugs?
- VICE, May 22, How to legalize every drug
- CBC, May 16, ‘Safe supply’ at heart of regulating illicit drug use, say experts
- CBC (The Early Edition), May 15, Building a model for legal regulation and Peter Wall International Research Roundtable public event (2:12:14)
- Global News, May 13, Small communities grapple with ‘huge challenge’ of opioid crisis
- Sault Star, May 13, Opioid overdoses challenge small towns
- National Post, May 13, Small communities grapple with ‘huge challenge’ of opioid crisis
- CKNW, May 13, Peter Wall International Research Rountable and legal regulation of drugs (Zara Snapp, Steve Rolles)
- CFAX (Afternoons with Mark Brennae), April 24, Dr. Bonnie Henry report recommending decriminalization of substance use
- CityNews Vancouver, April 24, B.C. top doctor’s drug decriminalization report good first step: advocates
- CBC, April 24 (6:00 p.m. newscast), Dr. Bonnie Henry report recommending decriminalization of substance use (lead story)
- CBC, April 16 (6:00 p.m. newscast), Vancouver’s National Day of Action on the Overdose Crisis and the need for safe supply (10:20 in)
- NewsTalk 770 CHQR (Calgary Today), April 11, provincial overdose response efforts
- CTV, April 10, CTV News Channel interview on the latest overdose statistics released by the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Edmonton Journal, April 8, Time to change approach on opioid crisis, says public health experts
- 680 CHED (Ryan Jespersen Show), April 1, Underlying causes & Potential solutions to the opioid crisis
2018 Selected News Highlights
- Metro Vancouver, February 26, Drug reformers watch federal budget for opioid crisis action
- Simi Sara Show, March 7, Should all drugs be legalized?
- Globe and Mail, March 28, Vancouver mayor calls for drug decriminalization after record year for opioid overdoses.
- Spice Radio, May 14, interview with Scott Bernstein, Director of Policy, on overdose statistics and legal regulation of drugs.
- The Georgia Straight, May 16, Young Canadians continue facing discrimination in their personal use of cannabis.
- Star Vancouver, July 5, Canadian cannabis workers targeted by U.S. border guards for lifetime bans.
- Toronto Star, Sept 13, Canadians who smoke marijuana legally, or work or invest in the industry, will be barred from the U.S.: Customs and Border Protection official.
- Global New, October 4, Could more drugs become decriminalized?
- Globe and Mail, October 18, Feds defend barring edible cannabis for a year as black market eyes gaps.
2017 Selected News Highlights
- VICE. July 12, A Hostile Environment for People Who Use Drugs is Harmful for Everyone.
- Ryerson University, May 24, Frontline Fentanyl: Users helping users (documentary)
- CBC, The Disruptor Series with Anna Maria Tremonti. April 25, Drug controls ‘absolutely pathetic,’ activist says regulation will save lives
- This Week on Drugs, April 24, Legalizing Canada (at 40:00)
- Global News. April 14, Budding Cannabis Legalization presents Challenges and Opportunities for BC
- MetroNews March 24, Opioid crisis requires trying ‘everything’: Expert on prescribed heroin
- Georgia Straight, March 11, Legal Heroin
- CBC, February 16, Vancouver hosting national meeting on how to open more supervised consumption sites.
- Globe and Mail, February 10, Beyond Harm Reduction
- CBC (op-ed) February 1, And the Band Played On: Overdoses, death and a resistance to change
- The Tyee, January 26, An Urgent Call on Overdose Crisis: Prescribe Drugs, End Prohibition
- Georgia Straight. January 31, Vancouver’s frontline fentanyl responders make the case for legalization in private meeting with Trudaeu.
- Globe and Mail. January 5, Vancouver street dealer seen more as a symptom than problem of overdose crisis
2016 Selected News Highlights
- CBC: BC Alamac. December 29, 2016. “Legalizing drugs beyond pot. Gardener Brisn Minter.“
- CBC News. November 26, 2016 “Are politicians too disconnected from the reality of drug abuse to solve the opioid crisis?” by Ferrah Merali
- The Georgia Straight. September 28, 2016. “Addictions experts Dr. Gabor Mate and Donald MacPherson to speak at upcoming marijuana conference in Vancouver” by Travis Lupick
- McLeans. August 31, 2016. “Controls on Fentanyl chemicals not enough to avert crisis: expert” by Camille Bains
- The Georgia Straight. August 9, 2016. “Drug policy groups urge task force to endorse retail pot shops and not be swayed by media hysteria” by Charlie Smith
- Daily Mail Online (UK). August 2, 2016. “Right groups call on UN to condemm Philippine drug killings“
- The Province. June 20, 2016. “A radical proposal for B.C.s battle against fentanyl” by Nick Eagland
- National Post. June 17, 2016. “‘We had nothing to lose’: How Portugal solved its ‘catastrophic’ drug woes through decriminalization” by Tom Blackwell
- CBC News. May 16, 2016. “Medical pot producer fund sober driving campaign“
- The Vancouver Sun. April 27, 2016. “The long slow retreat in the war on drugs” by Pete McMartin
- CBC News. April 19, 2016. “UN meeting could be 1st step to ending global war on drugs” by Lucas Powers
- NY Times. March 22, 2016. “Itchica’s Anti-Heroin Plan: Open a Site to Shoot Heroin” by Lisa Forderaro
2015 Selected News Highlights
2014 – 2011 Selected News Highlights & Press Releases
- National Post. October 22, 2014 “Canada is ignoring easy uncontroversial ways to prevent overdose deaths” by Donald MacPherson
- The Winnipeg Free Press. September 22, 2014 “Drug policy seriously outdated” by Richard Elliott and Donald MacPherson
- The Tyee. September 5, 2014 “Vancouver’s Addiction Ambitions, Revisited” by Gordon Katic and Sam Fenn
- National Post. August 20, 2014 “Preventing music festival drug deaths must go beyond saying just say no” by Donald MacPherson
- The Rick Howe Show. June 19, 2014. “Amy Graves comments on the Canadian Drug Policy Coalition report on opiate overdoses“
- Huffington Post. June 18, 2014. “Opiate overdose deaths in Canada Rising“
- 06/16/2014 – Opioid overdose prevention & response in Canada
- The Georgia Straight. June 11, 2014. “Vancouver Coastal Health reveals plan to expand supervised injection services in city” by Travis Lupick
- CTV News. June 14, 2014. “Canada urged to expand use of naloxone to counter opiate overdoses“
- National Post. April 28, 2014. “A Gift to the Drug Kingpins” by Donald MacPherson
- Huffington Post. April 5, 2014. “The Berlin Theory of Drug Prohibition” by Jean Kavanagh
- 10/17/2013 – Federal Health Minister re-introduced a bill whose sole purpose and intent is to block access to health services
- 09/30/2013 – Second anniversary of Supreme Court ruling in support of Insite
- 09/23/2013 – Special Access Requests and Permanent HAT programs
- Calgary Herald: Report calls for decriminalizing both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ drug
- National Post: Canadian Drug Policy Coalition recommends decriminalizing hard drugs
- CBC Radio: Decriminalizing Drugs
- The Province: Harper government to stay tough on drugs
- 05/17/2013 – Organization of American States presents a vision for drug policy reform
- 01/24/2013 – Senator Pierre Claude Nolin Honours Drug Policy Leaders with Diamond Jubilee Award
- 01/16/2013 – CDPC Executive Director Heads to Panama to Create Alternative Scenarios for Drug Policy in the Hemisphere
- 07/12/2012 – Punitive drug laws are stifling the global HIV/AIDS response.
- Français – Les lois punitives sur les drogues étouffent la réponse mondiale au VIH/sida.
- 06/26/2012 – Coalition urges Canadian government to acknowledge link between drug laws and HIV
- 04/19/2012 – National dialogue addresses integration of supervised injection services into health care and community in Canada
- Français – Échange de connaissances sur l’intégration des services d’injection supervisée dans les soins de santé et dans la communauté : un dialogue s’amorce
- 04/11/2012 – Coalition calls on Canadian government to work closely with Latin American countries to reform drug policy at Summit of the Americas
- 02/09/2012 – Leading experts in drug policy call on government to reject Bill C-10, rethink Canada’s drug laws
- Français – Les experts des politiques sur les drogues demandent au gouvernement de rejeter le projet de loi C-10 et de revoir les lois canadiennes sur les drogues
- 11/29/2011 – New Coalition calls for a public health approach to alcohol, tobacco and drug controls
- Chinese – 新聯盟呼籲控制酒精、煙草和毒品的公眾健康方法
- Français – Une nouvelle Coalition réclame une approche de santé publique pour le contrôle de l’alcool, du tabac et des drogues
- 11/29/2011 – New national drug policy coalition receives key endorsements