November 14th, 2016
7:00 – 9:00 pm, Doors at 6:30 pm
Admission is free
Canada is the first G7 country committed to ending cannabis prohibition, announcing at the United Nations that legislation will be introduced in the spring of 2017.
Join us and Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, with guests from the UK, US, Jamaica, Mexico and the Netherlands to explore cannabis policy reform around the world and the challenges posed by international drug treaties for countries wishing to regulate cannabis.
Hosted by Donald MacPherson of the Canadian Drug Policy Coalition and Richard Elliott of the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network.Expert Guests:
• David Bewley-Taylor, UK, Global Drug Policy Observatory
• Damon Barnett, UK, International Centre on Human Rights and Drug Policy
• Tom Blickman, Netherlands, Transitional Institute
• Kathy-Ann Brown, Jamaica, Deputy Solicitor General & Director International Affairs
• Lisa Sanchez, Mexico, Mexico United Crimes Transform Drug Policy Foundation
• John Walsh, US, Washington Office on Latin America
Located at the University of Ottawa in the Alex Trebek Alumni Hall, Johnson Hall 116